Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus That Has Taken Over Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lucas000

lucas000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

I have a virus on my computer that limits my entries from my keyboard. I notice that when I am in google search that it will not let me type in anything and then it proceeds to add characters in the search field. It has also made certains letters on the keyboard inoperable. Has anyone heard of this? Also it seems to have hijacked my favorites in my firefox/google search so that it does not let me open them any more.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Mod Edit: Email address removed to protect from spam bots. DT

Edited by D-Trojanator, 29 September 2006 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:00 AM

I suggest you post a HJT log for our Team to examine.
They'll take you through the fix, step by step.
You shouldn't make any changes to your system, until your log has been verified as clean.
Any changes you make, could skew the results of the HJT log.

Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!]

Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users