Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

background image for the Desktop: settings, and file locations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

I can not figure out where the file paths are for the desktop background images.  Also, I am not completely sure how to control the desktop background image in Windows 10 Settings.  I hope some members will answer this and give advice about these.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

Try Settings...Personalizations.

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 886 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

c:\windows\web\wallpaper

right click anywhere on the desktop and select "personalize".

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

Both ways work for me.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

Press the Windows key OS4o0pO.png and the I key to open Settings.

Click/tap on Personalizations.

Click/tap on Background.

You can change your desktop image by selecting one of the optional images seen under Browse.  You can also download image online and use them.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Keep on commenting, anyone who has useful comments.  The few so far here have been helpful.

The question occurred a few days ago when I connected a "smartphone" mobile device having a couple of snap-photos in its "Gallery", and transferred them (actually copied) to the Pictures folder of my Windows 10 laptop computer.  I took no other peculiar actions.  I turned off the mobile device, and then pulled out the connection cable.  Suddenly, one of the newly transferred snapshot photographs became THE DESKTOP BACKGROUND.  I was able to go to the computer's settings, and change the background back to what I already had since when bought the machine new and set up.  Still, the sudden occurance of the new background image was strange.  I had done such mobile to computer image/photo transfers before and no such crazy thing happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users