Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 machine is slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 studio55

studio55

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Hi,

Just recently my main machine has become very slow. Even creating a new folder on my desktop takes time, so does renaming and deleting it, needs about 5 seconds at times to do the above mentioned tasks. Also booting up AND turning it off takes more than 5 minutes. My main work is in Photoshop and you can imagine what it would be like, specially working with large files and saving them.

I have not done a virus scan recently and I Have not installed the latest upgrade after the recent Chips issue surfaced.

I am running the windows assessment and deployment kit and it takes for ever and I will include the results when I get them.

I get no error messages what so ever, runs ok on the internet and I suspected something to do with the main processor and its heat sink, because a few months back I run into overheating issues and had to re-apply the paste between the heat sink and the CPU but today I run a core temp test and it was ok both idling and under load, I could be wrong, All I did to put it under load was to open a large file in PS and started retouching it, I could not sense any lag and the CPU temps stayed around 43 degrees, that is all.

At the other hand I run a User bench mark and it tells me that all three hard drives are under performing, one of which is an external, I unplugged that one and still same issues continue. I am still waiting for the windows assessment and deployment kit to finish.

What gives?

Thank you in advance

Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 studio55

studio55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Edited by studio55, 23 January 2018 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users