You can run the programs below to clean, remove malware and remove adware. I haven't seen other users reporting what you describe.
So, I don't know if it was caused by adware or malware.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
- Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply
Download and run the FREE online scanner from Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
- Please download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
- Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
- when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
- Simply Paste the log to your reply