Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

piggback phone to lapbtop while no service phone is pdanet to other

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 damageinaz

damageinaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

Hi all

new here have a Q my lap top is older and has a 2g wifi radio so It cant see mobile phones 5g I get my internet by teathering to a phone and use pdanet so Im well aware of how to get internet theough a phone what Id like to do is use my unused cricket phone with my laptop is it possible are is their a program I can use to use the phones wifi 5g throught my laptop just as pdanet dose but with real control like the phone was a pice of hardware yes through a usb port and tethring but with control

I dont no if thats clear so maybe Ill explain the problem we have one phone at home between me and my Gfriend yes Im cheep my phone has only phone services so for us both to get online I use my cricket phone that has no services

and wifi to hers with pdanet with hers a hotspot and mine connected now when mine is connected  with the pdanet app what I want to do is to tether to laptop at the same time but pdanet says the phone is already connected and cant tether usb to laptop as its one or the other buddy the app cant get wifi and then pass it to my laptop

but it can im just not smart enough to no how so if I could just tether usb the phones wifi just as if it was the laptop built in wifi so how do I get a program that will usb to my phone while its using pdanet wifi from the gfrineds phone Iv tried bluestacks on the laptop with all kinds of app but all the apps are dumb like me or have no real control or setting maybe just not using the right one but the laptop cant see 5g plus bluestacks would be a bottle neck anyway

keep in mind that my knowledge is lacking and I dont want someone to have to waste their personal time doing something or talking me through it when the fix is me not being so cheep and to service the phone MONTHLY but im sure its possible short or just hacking the phone into the laptop sure wish I knew that kind of stuff. and thanks all

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 26 January 2018 - 05:46 PM.
Moved from External hardware to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users