Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Poor wireless connectivity. Need help.

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpotter


  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

I have a laptop with a Killer Wireless N-1202 network adapter.  I'm currently having problems connecting to the internet wirelessly.  On this laptop:

  • When connected with a wired connection, I can access the internet normally.
  • When connected with a wireless connection, I have only very limited internet connectivity
  • When trying to connect, I get: "Resolving host".  Ends up ultimately in "This Site Could Not Be Reached".  Server IP address could not be found.
  • With wireless connection, if I try to obtain DNS server automatically in IPv6 and IPv4, I can get the google web page, but virtually nothing else.
  • With wireless connection, if I try to obtain DNS server automatically in IPv6 and use and for IPv4, I can get google and YouTube websites, but virtually nothing else.

We have several additional computers in the home connected via wireless.  They are functioning normally.  This problem occurs when trying to connect to networks both at home and work.


I use the chrome browser.  I previously used IE on this computer (maybe 6 months ago), but I was having great difficulty connecting to the web.  I would open a new tab and it would remain blank.  I would have to open multiple tabs before I was able to access google.  I assume IE was somehow corrupt.  Can't remember if I tried reinstalling IE or just moved to chrome as it was an easy solution.  


I read that these symptoms can be a result of malware, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I tried finding a solution in the malware forum, but they referred me to this forum.  NASDAQ from the malware team had me delete and reinstall chrome, but this didn't help.  You can see all what we tried here:




Other than getting help here, I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  Thanks in advance for the help.



BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 mikey11


  • Members
  • 1,577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

try starting the computer in safe mode.....will it work fine then?


if the answer is yes....it is most likely malware/virues

#3 cpotter

  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

I've had my network cable plugged in for a few days because wifi was worthless.  Prior to starting safe mode test as above, I decided to pull the network cable and test wireless access beforehand.  For some reason, I'm able to wirelessly access the net now.  Rebooted to check and I do have wireless access to the net.  Can't explain it, but somehow its working.  So don't waste your time on this for now.  If things change, I'll repost.


Thanks.  Chad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users