Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with internet connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lodrigues

Lodrigues

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Hello, about five months ago, I started having a strange problems with internet access, I couldn't get to any big sites like youtube, or anything under google, page would just say its unavailable, some time later it spread to more sites that became closed to me. It ended with me not being able to access internet at all.

I am connected via ethernet cable, and i was only one having this problem, none of my roommates either on wifi or cable was having any problem. I tried everything I found on internet, rebooting router, all those commands in cmd like netsh winsock reset and ipconfig /release /renew flushdns and others that you found mostly on help sites. Tried scanning for viruses with avast, malwarebytes, nothing. Did system restore to the point before problem. None of it worked, I started to get desperate because I was already about few weeks without internet so i tried almost every thing i found with my mobile. 

On one site i found some post with similar problem and the guy said he solved it by changing his network adress (MAC adress) no idea what it was I tried it and voila, after month without internet everything was working. I am not really tech savvy, and dont have much experience with how computers work so I was just happy that it was working. For some time, everything was all right but then it started again. Changing it to old adress and back didnt help so I had to come with new network adress and it worked again. But it was only for day before having to change it again which is the only way to make it working again. Now its basically in such state that it can be without problem for many days of I have to change adress every 10 minutes. I DO realize that there is something wrong and that probably is something blocking me somewhere, but as I said, I am not really expert on computers so I am going by -  if it works.... then do it until you find some other way.

I apologize for the wall of text, if anyone will have any idea what could be my problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users