Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tp-Link 6120 Version 2 router not responding to WAN ping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chana321

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:19 AM

I have tp-link 6120 v2 router and it's running IP Sec VPN connection to Server. My problem is router not reply to ping from the server side. but router LAN sides' host are replying from sever side ping. how can I resolve this 
please help friend.
here router simulator link-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

This question is a bit old, but in case it's still an issue;

The TP-Link, like most home class routers, blocks pings to the WAN interface by default. Finding the right place to change that can be a challenge. In this case go to your Firewall -> Attack Defense -> Packet Anomaly Defense page and uncheck  Block Ping from WAN. Click Save and you should be good.

#3 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,285 posts
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Are you sure that you want your router to respond to WAN pings?  The normal response, for security, is to drop the request and not respond.  If your router responds to a WAN ping that is an indication to an attacker that there is active equipment on that IP address, which could lead to a more focused attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users