Are you using Adobe Reader?
Please run sfc /scannow.
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
Important: There will be a short message at the end of the scan informing you of the results. If you receive the message "no integrity violations were found" you don't need to do anything else, no corrupt files were found. You should watch the scan to see the results at the end of the scan.
1. Click on the Start orb, then type cmd in the Search box.
2. CMD will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.
3.When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.
This will start the scan. Please allow the scan to complete. Stopping it could damage files.
4.To find the sfc /scannow log open the start menu and click on Computer.
5. Click on the drive letter Windows 7 is installed on. This usually is the C: drive.
6. Clik on Windows, then Logs, then CBS.
This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log. You can start a free 30 day trial. Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.
If this does not resolve the issue please do the following.
How to perform a Clean Boot.
Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.
Press the Windows key and the R key to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.
1. Click/tap on the General tab.
2. Click/tap on the Selective startup option.
3. Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.
4. Click on the Services tab.
5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.
6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.
7. Click on Hide all Microsoft services. Click on Apply then OK
Click on Restart in the window that opens.
When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.
If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.
8. Divide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.
9. If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and restart the computer.
10. When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.
11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Restart the computer.
12. If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the services.
13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till you find the service at fault.
Once you have found the service post it in your topic.
Edited by dc3, 23 January 2018 - 01:14 PM.