Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

massive amount of IE windows open when starting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zachj

zachj

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Windows 10 obviously. After restart, about 65 IE windows opened up and screen blinking on and off and freezing up. I did a manual power down and same thing happened when it rebooted.  I was able to eventually shut down all the IE windows.  Only thing I've done so far is run malwarbytes and nothing popped up.  I have not tried to restart again in fear it will do the same thing and as closing all those windows took a very long time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zachj

zachj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Update I ran AdwCleaner and restarted and all seems fine on restart.  I'm not sure if after manually closing down all 65 windows through task manager fixed it previously or if the AdwCleaner just fixed it.  But worth a try to run this if anyone else has this issue.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

AdwCleaner probably cleaned up some Browser Hijackers, but I'm not sure.  You could post the logs over in the "Am I Infected" Section and perhaps get some help with a little more cleanup.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users