Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

Would it be worth having a section where people can buy and sell their old computer bits, like when they have upgraded. People might want to take advantage of the cheaper prices of second hand goods. People might be more willing to purchase off of the forum members than off of ebay.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:03 AM

Oooooooh, that's a very nice idea. I'd love to have a used parts section. It could work both ways: people that want to sell something are given space to advertise, and people that are looking to buy something may be able to request it. People selling it would also be able to give people their opinion on the hardware, or those not buying/selling could put in their 2-cents as to whether or not it's worth it.

I enjoy the idea of it, but if memory serves me right, i think someone else suggested basically the same thing a while back, and it was turned down, unfortunately. Not sure if it was BC or another forum. Hopefully this new sub-forum will come to pass :thumbsup:

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 29 September 2006 - 10:04 AM.

#3 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:36 AM

It works on most other forums, i mainly use car forums and its always better buying or selling to an entusiast. It helps avoid ebay for people who still want to buy second hand goods online without the hassle of losing a bid at the last second. A 'sticky' of good and bad sellers can be at the top of the page, a bit like feedback on ebay. I hope this works out as i would rather buy cheaper second hand stuff than expensive new stuff from a shop.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

Just to let you know that I am not against that, but need to research it more for legality reasons etc. I will add it to my list.

#5 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for looking into it, im sure it will be succesfull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users