Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS vg248 [Monitor]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GarrettvanNiekerk

GarrettvanNiekerk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

So I got a new computer like 2 months ago, an iBUYPOWER Trace930, and with it, and ASUS VG248 monitor. 

Problem:

My VG248 has been acting up, ever since I came back from winter break. It sat idle for 2 weeks. It will turn off and on over and over again, the monitor will loose connection and reconnect, without me touching any cables. After I unplug and replug it over and over again eventually it will stay on. On top of that, the monitor's buttons are unresponsive, and don't work, upon boot up I can switch sources but that is pretty much it. And on top of that, the monitor doesn't respond when I turn the computer on, I have to unplug the power supply cable and replug it in. After reading this you may think, "it must be power supply." To be honest I think it is too, I have tried everything to get a stronger power socket but nothing has changed. Is it power supply?

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GarrettvanNiekerk

GarrettvanNiekerk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

System Specs

ASUS VG248

1ms Response Time

144 MHZ

iBUYPOWER Trace 930

ASUS PH-GTX1060-3G GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DP DVI Graphics Card

16 GB RAM (2*8 GB) 2400 MHZ

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHZ

120 GB SSD

1 TB Hard Drive

Air Cooling

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

This a two month old monitor and it is giving you a hard time ?

Take it back to your supplier and insist on a working replacement. You surely have at least 90 days warranty on a new product ?

Chris Cosgrove

#4 GarrettvanNiekerk

GarrettvanNiekerk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

Funny thing is, I have a friend with the exact same problem. Going to have to check warranty, Thanks!

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

That suggests it could be a faulty batch. Unlikely but possible. You should also have the choice of getting your money back - as opposed to a replacement - and then you have the option to choose a different make/model.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users