Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Infection, but not detected?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rookie0014

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

My pc has been running poorly for a few months. I have run a number of anti viruses on it, but it always comes clean. Any ideas on what else I can do?

I have run Panda, Avast, Eset, Malwarebyte's Anti Malware and combofix to mention a few.

Each time, I have uninstalled one, to run the next one. Not sure what else I can run. This scanning thing was easy years ago.

Edited by hamluis, 21 January 2018 - 05:51 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

If nothing has been detected, it's quite likely the poor performance is due to something else.

Here are some suggestions on other things you can try or look for:

#3 OldPhil

• Members
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

When was the last time you cleaned out junk!  Have you run disk cleanup in system tools also CC cleaner!  Also a good thing to run"sfc /scannow" mind the spacing at an elevated command prompt, you may have file issues. 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 RayKremer

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

The wuauserv problem is better than it used to be if you have all the relevant updates installed, but I think it's not ever going to be fully resolved.

The C:\Windows\Logs\CBS bug filling up c:\windows\temp until the hard drive is out of space is another thing you can check.

Use Resource Monitor to see what's going on. Some programs like Firefox don't handle themselves well and need to be closed down and restarted every so often.

#5 boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,458 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

I suggest posting your ComboFix log in a new topic here...

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users