Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nvr no vga display

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maxonnxc

maxonnxc

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:58 AM

i hope i and in the right part of the forums this was the only videos section i seen....

i have a h.264 wireless nvr plugged into my tv, it  has hdmi, svideo, vga , hdmi will no work for the tv only goes up to 720p   so i hooked  it up to vga it works till nvr is done  booting then screen goes black
how can i fix this?

PS. nvr has hdmi, vga, 2 usb 1 in front, 1 in the back

it was working once but the person helping me change the resolution on which device idk. i unplugged both tv/nvr for more then 24hrs and it didnt help.
i look to see if i can find the resolution on tv i never found any, so i think he must of changed it on the nvr.....

ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Temporarily connect the NVR to a display that can work with the current output resolution, change the output to a lower resolution.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

i tried that having same problem there the resolution does not match the device and i can't change the resolution on tv or the other display. i thought unplugging the nvr would reset it back to default but it don't.  

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,223 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

i tried that having same problem there the resolution does not match the device

I'm not following your meaning. Are you saying if you connect up an HDMI monitor that will display the higher resolution, the NVR will not allow the output resolution to be changed to 720p so you can then disconnect the monitor and plug into the TV?

#5 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

nvm i got it working took it to a friends hookup nvr to a monitor and i change resolution now it works..  nvr default settings should be at the lowest settings so people wont have this problem.

I love this site you all are awesome, I ty for all the help you gave me..

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,223 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Glad my suggestion worked! I couldn't figure out why you said you tried it without success.

#7 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

Glad my suggestion worked! I couldn't figure out why you said you tried it without success.

both of my display device was to old max resolution was 1080x768 nvr was set to 1280x1080  something like that. so either ofmy displays would work. my friends display device max resolution was 1920xXXXX I dont remember the last 4 numbers.

Anyhow thats why i couldn't get nvr to work. after i hook my nvr up at my friends i changed the resolution to 1080x768... 

i need to upgrade both my display devices....

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,223 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:49 AM

Anyhow thats why i couldn't get nvr to work.

I know, that's why I told you to do what you eventually did.  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users