Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I enter bios on an epik laptop?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trickshot63

trickshot63

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

I found a manual online but it doesn't say anything about bios. I have tried every key and key combination I can think of, and nothing. The screen was cracked so I'm using an external monitor via an hdmi cable, but that shouldn't make a difference...right? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

When you first hit the button to turn on watch the very bottom of screen carefully, the F key menu will be displayed.  It goes by very quickly "Like a Flash" you may have to boot t a time or two to catch what it shows.  Careful trying  combinations, I have a very similar Acer if I hit Control F10 the factory recovery kicks in.  Being as you inherited it you may want to do a factory reset, I had almost the same situation when I inherited my grandsons also with a broken screen.  I replace the screen only to find it had been pass worded.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 21 January 2018 - 08:17 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:14 AM

Some laptops will only display the initialization screen on the internal screen.

Is any display at all possible on the laptop's own screen?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 trickshot63

trickshot63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

The screen was stepped on, so no I can't see anything

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

I am not sure Platypus is fully correct on his statement may work on some and not others, I have run a TV off my Toshiba and could the full boot process when I hit the button.  When you hit the switch do you see any on the monitor? 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#6 trickshot63

trickshot63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

Thanks anyway guy but I think I'm giving up on this little cheap laptop. Not worth the time or money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users