Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best way to capture videos of grandkids hockey games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

I was just given a link to a website containing videos of a hockey tournament my granddaughter is playing in this weekend. Is there a way that I can capture these videos with the audio? I would also like to be able to edit them to remove dead parts and create bookmarks. If there is a way to add annotations, that would be great, too.

This doesn't need to be freeware. I'm happy to pay for a good tool that is supported.

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

good morning dear cynthia,

is not that difficult to do what you want but you have to know at least the basics...

first you have to find a way to download the video you want in a format that you can edit it later

first step...

the follow site can download your video in a format you want

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com

what format ?

there so many different video formats today but for better editing you have to choose the ''avi'' as for your downloaded converted video

avi unfortunately give you a very large file but you have a good control on video and audio for further edit

a good choice also is the .mp4 format which produce good overall video quality but you need a recent video editor program, although audio editing is more difficult to be edited

step two...

when you have you converted video then you proceed with the video editing

there so many video editors around and the learning curve is from easy to difficult and goes to complex for the professional video editors

a good video editor for you is the ashampoo movie studio that is quite good and is cheap too

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0382/multimedia-software/movie-studio-2

a much better choice is the pro version and is quite cheap !

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0482/multimedia-software/movie-studio-pro-2

for further reading just search youtbue for :

edit my videos first steps

ashampoo movie studio tutorial

video editing for beginners

editing video and sound for beginners

good luck

Edited by nickos, 21 January 2018 - 05:44 AM.

#3 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Thanks, Nickos. That should keep me busy for a day or two.  :thumbup2:

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users