Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD Graphics causing BSODS and Stuck at "Windows Starting"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Majd900

Majd900

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

Hello everyone
So i've been trying to fix problem lately, it's really a complicated issue on so many levels
I am personally experienced with IT stuff, but i just cannot seem to solve this problem.
So as far as i remember, when this first started, was like before 3 weeks. I didn't really bother to see what's the problem until now.

So whenever i disable AMD Graphics in "Device Manager" it works again.
I tried reinstalling numerous times, using "Display driver uninstaller" and then installing again from AMD OFFICIAL website. I tried many versions as well. Most of them weren't compatible with my laptop. But i managed to install some of the versions, still gets stuck though.

What i did so far:
-No new windows updates
-Uninstalled daemon tools
-Reinstalled C++ and Microsoft Netframework
-Tried 3rd party programs to identify the missing compatible graphic driver, didn't work.
-Uninstalled all antiviruses and antimalwares

I can boot into safe mode and normal mode (only when i disable the AMD GRAPHICS DRIVER)

System Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Laptop Model: HP Probook 4730s
Processor: Intel Core i7
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7400M HD Series
RAM: 6gb

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

Please try this, click Start/control panel/Device Manager/Expand Display adapter/right click on your adapter/click Update Driver/Browse my computer for driver software/Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. The drivers you downloaded should appear in the box. Click on it then click Next. This should install it for you.

#3 Majd900

Majd900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Please try this, click Start/control panel/Device Manager/Expand Display adapter/right click on your adapter/click Update Driver/Browse my computer for driver software/Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. The drivers you downloaded should appear in the box. Click on it then click Next. This should install it for you.

I just tried doing that, but nothing made a difference.
It's showing a blue screen right after the "Starting Windows" stage.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Please follow the instructions here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ so we can see the dump files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users