Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Ping Spikes on All Devices

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fyshie

Fyshie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Hello everybody!

For the past few days I've been experiencing sudden ping spikes at intervals of every 5-15 seconds, applicable to all devices on my network (wireless & wired alike). This isn't much of a consistent problem for streaming or browsing (there have been a few interruptions), but has been causing issues for both my roommate and I while playing online games (PC, PS4, and XBOX included). I ran WinMTR and can post the data retrieved if that might help troubleshoot the issue. Spectrum is my current ISP, and while the problem isn't absolutely urgent, I'd love to try out any ideas you might have before calling a technician out.

1) I've already power-cycled both the router and modem with no successful results.

2)The issue is similar on my wired PC and my laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fyshie

Fyshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Update: Either there was some weird coincidence or I luckily targeted the issue
3) Solved by entering cmd in admin and entering >netsh winsock reset

Not sure what effect this would've had on all of the other devices but the issue seems to be gone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users