Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 32-bit installation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vev46

vev46

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Is it possible to install Firefox 32-bit on my Windows 7 (64-bit) OS?  Java will is not recognized by FF 64-bit, and is necessary for some interactive websites I need to use.  If this can be done, will all my FF settings remain?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

yes, but i believe firefox currently doesn't support 32-bit any more so you would have to download an older version to get it....

I assume you are wanting to do this because of addons not working anymore, correct?

myself I've been able to find suitable replacements for everything i used on the 32-bit version on the 64-bit platform.  and if you can't it will be there sooner or later.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Firefox ESR is 32-bit and still functioning properly on my XP install.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

I don't know if it will install on Win 7, since it is not intended for Win 7 and Firefox should autoupdate to the newest version on any Win 7 install, IMO.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2018 - 01:18 PM.

#4 vev46

vev46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for replying.....In my case, my internet bank makes available the display of checks if I need to look at them once in a while.  This used to work just fine until FF was updated to version 57.0 (Quantum).  Yes, it's faster, but unable to be customized to the same extent as before, like tabs below address bar, soft corners on tabs, AND, of course the Java thing.  Really sucks, but I can live with it for now.  I can always look at my checks on the IE browser if I really need to.

#5 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

The problem is not with Firefox, it's your bank. They need to upgrade to HTML5 just for security alone

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Yeah a bank that is using java is not good, java is a major security risk.

Ironically Banks are very cheap.

Anyhow 32bit apps and programs will work in 64bit OS's as the codebase is backwards compatible.

Edited by MadmanRB, 19 January 2018 - 02:48 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users