Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me build a 1000$+ cpu/system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kolby-kun

Kolby-kun

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

So recently my friend has been asking me advice on building his computer. I know very little about this but I've been here before and the comments were fantastic. 

So anyway he's asking to build a 1000$ CPU, so far he got these specs recommended to him by the store:

KINGSTON DDR4 8GB (2133) 
ASUS H110I-PLUS I KINGSTON UV400
 128GB SSD WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 1TB 
CORSAIR VS SERIES 550W
Intel Core i5-7600K  
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Do you think it's good? We use this site https://www.lazada.com.my to find parts as well if you would like to help.

Games he wants to play:

Fortnite

World of Warcraft

Skyrim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:09 AM

That's not good. Since introduction of LGA1151v2, there are no reasons to buy any LGA1151 stuff. And because of Spectre and Meltdown bugs, all Intel CPU's should be avoided.

It's hard to recommend since I don't know what is currency exchange rate at that shop.

Anyway at least change CPU to https://www.lazada.com.my/amd-ryzen-5-1600-processors-am4-53804497.html

and motherboard to for example https://www.lazada.com.my/msi-motherboard-amd-am4-b350m-pro-vdh-68686975.html

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

Dont build a computer right now bad idea!

Cryptominers have stolen graphics cards for mining rigs so the supply is out wsith even the most basic cards costing double or triple their normal asking costs.

Pricing on a graphics card is insane right now best wait another month before investing, the market is too screwed up.

The wait period will be worth it with the AMD Ryzen APU series coming out.

If you built now you would be stuck with intel integrated graphics due to price gouging, sure the i7 will still be the better processor but screw that when GPU prices are out of reach for most people.

AMD will feature the better integrated graphics so you can have something to game on at the very least until GPU prices calm down.

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2018 - 01:22 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#4 Kolby-kun

Kolby-kun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

Thanks guys.

Yeah I've heard of that cryptomining thingy but I wasn't sure how it was affecting the graphics card market and just forgot about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users