Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prevent Thumbnail cache from deleting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aimanfitri27

aimanfitri27

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

As the title says, I'm looking for a safe way to prevent Windows from deleting my thumbnail cache every now and then. I found several ways from google but I'm afraid that it will somehow affect Windows Explorer or something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up? Here's how to fix it! | Windows Central

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 aimanfitri27

aimanfitri27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Thank you for the link, but I'm afraid that's not what I was asking.

There's nothing wrong with my thumbnail. I just want to prevent Windows from deleting my thumbnail cache so that I can quick view my files and I don't have to wait for Windows to load a 700MB worth of thumbnail all over again.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

I found several ways from google but I'm afraid that it will somehow affect Windows Explorer or something.

In what way do you think it will affect Windows Explorer? How will we know what ways of correction you've already found, but don't want to use? For example, is this the problem you're referring to:

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-thumbnail-cache-deleting-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users