Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I could really use help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erikppeterson

erikppeterson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Im admittedly an old guy who has no idea what hes doing. Im on a tight budget and need a new laptop. All I really do with it is social media, fantasy football, read the news and am hoping to start having video calls with my family. Ive found two laptops that look like they are very well priced and Id be beyond thankful for an opinion. I dont even need reasons why if your busy, you can just say which one you prefer. My two options are:

Lenovo 80TJ00RUS
HP 15-BW011DX

Both are under $250 and seem to have good reviews. Im certainly open to an another option around this price, but honestly if someone could just tell me their opinion about which of these two they think is better it would help me out so much. Thank you in advance folks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

What I'll tell you, without even looking at the tech specs, is that for your stated purposes virtually any computer available today will be way more than adequate.

None of the activities you say you engage in is processing intensive in any meaningful way (and that includes the video calling).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

I think HP support is somewhat better, do a little bit of searching may help with your conclusion.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users