Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash not working on profile for Windows 7 user

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maximumrock

maximumrock

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Greetings.

I have a user is trying to access a site that requires flash and I am unable to get that going for him..  I have had about 6 users in my bldg that have that issue.. Normally what i do is go to that users workstation. Log on as myself since i have administrator rights. Go to the URL that he needs to access, and then when prompted to upgrade or install flash..I go ahead and do it.. Then i have user log back into his profile and can now access the site they need.. .. but this user.. apparently has been having the isssue since last March.. 

Any suggestions?? The only thing we havent done today since i did all that is reboot since he can't until end of the day.. But i have a feeling its not going to help much..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

Download and run the Flash Uninstaller.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

After uninstalling reboot and download the full installer at step 8, either for IE for Flash. Chrome has flash built in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

#3 maximumrock

maximumrock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Will try that, thanks!

Chrome didn't work either. I had him try IE, Chrome and Firefox.. Same result.. but will try what you said above and let you know how goes. Won't be able to do until tomorrow... I don't think we have anything on a GPO that would jack him up like that since all other users are able to use it.

Download and run the Flash Uninstaller.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

After uninstalling reboot and download the full installer at step 8, either for IE for Flash. Chrome has flash built in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Strange that flash in Chrome also does not work. I assume Flash is enabled in Settings > Advanced > Content.  You can also type chrome://components in the address bar to see if flash is up to date. 

Edit: You can access the content setting in Chrome directly by typing the following in the address bar.

chrome://settings/content

Would it be possible to create a new user profile for the person if the above steps I posted do not work?

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 January 2018 - 05:12 PM.

#5 maximumrock

maximumrock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Strange that flash in Chrome also does not work. I assume Flash is enabled in Settings > Advanced > Content.  You can also type chrome://components in the address bar to see if flash is up to date. 

Edit: You can access the content setting in Chrome directly by typing the following in the address bar.

chrome://settings/content

Would it be possible to create a new user profile for the person if the above steps I posted do not work?

Will give that a shot. Thx.

The new profile part is something that I may be doing if the suggestions above do not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users