Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spectre and Meltdown company infrastructure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:12 AM

Hello all,
I was trying to get some information about preventing Spectre and Meltdown in a company environment but unfortunately, there was not much information about it.
What I`m trying to understand is if I have completely patched servers including hardware firewall do I need to basically upgrade the firmware of every working station in the company in order to prevent intrusions?
And if any workstation has been compromised will that expose data stored or any servers?
I generally know how temporary files works still I was wondering if they can represent them self through the working station as a regular user?
I would be grateful for your thoughts on this.

Many thanks,
Andy 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users