Hello bleepingcomputer forum!
I've been plagued by an issue where my PC restarts without showing a blue screen. It happens consistently when the GPU is "stressed". I put stressed in quotation marks as it doesnt take much really, watching Furmark it happened around the 60 Degree Celcius. I suspect it's the PSU but i can't be sure honestly. My PC restarted 3 times while trying to even create this post.
I havent had a restart of my PC when the GPU wasn't connected. A PC wouldn't completely restart if something was faulty with the GPU however.
A few of the things i've tried to do:
- Reinstalled the OS
- Inspected the capacitors on the motherboard
- cleaned of the old thermalpaste and applied new one
- Started PC as barebones as possible and worked my way up
- Opened and inspected PSU, couldnt find anything that might seem broken(unsure what to look for though)
- Compared the voltages of the individual pins on the 24pin connector to the pinout table in the manual, they all seemed to be the same.
- Ran memtest86 and no errors where found
- Used monitor programs to watch the CPU and GPU temperatures and they are all easily within safe parameters.
As you can see i didn't do the most obvious test which was simply trying out another PSU, unfortunately i don't have another one lying around and neither do i know anyone with a desktop pc from whom to borrow theirs. I was going to go to a repairshop but i first wanted to try out everything possible myself...and with some help from you guys ofcourse!
I also included the zipped SysnativeFilCollectionApp folder.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by LockM, 17 January 2018 - 10:50 PM.