Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIX vs Weebly vs godaddy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

Mac 10.6.8; Firefox 48.0.2

I need to set up a domain w/ a webite to which I can upload video, pdfs, word docs, jpgs. The purpose is to tell my story - with the documentation that backs up my story - of a failure of the courts in my state to act in a competent, ethical manner in a matter that is pretty much life and death to me. My lawyer is preparing to move up the court system appeal-wise, but 1] I'm not sure how much is corruption vs incompetence/disinterest and how far up it goes and 2] I'm not sure how much more of this legal hockeysticks I can take. My health is poor and my pocketbook limited. I move slowly and can only read tech stuff for so long before I get tired. Hence, the reason I haven't managed to upgrade to el dorado yet. So even tho I'm hoping to use one of the DIY sites I'm having a hard time picking one. I found WIX the easiest as far as getting some of my initial questions answered thru their help. Reviews suggest godaddy has better security. But I didn't understand a lot of the terms in the articles I read or the options in the different plans.

I am going to want to be able to password the site initially in hopes of resolving the matter of influencing people and finding necessary help w/out opening the documentation to the whole world. If that fails, then I'd like my site to show up in legal discussion groups, judicial reform groups and disability aid groups, if such groups still exist. The web has changed so much since I first started to use it for research and contact. The point of the website is to bring the "goings on" out into the light instead of buried in court transcripts - to make judges and others aware that their actions are going to be known and to, hopefully, find people willing to help. My lawyer appears knowledgeable and ethical, but in our courts facts and law don't seem to matter. It's power and politics. So far, we aren't winning and thus the appeals.

Does anyone have a recc for which site would be best for my purpose and my lack of knowledge? Besides the pw ability, I probably want a contact app people can send me messages. Maybe the ability to have a discussion group on the site? A place where other people can tell their stories and submit their court transcripts, letters, emails, etc.? I don't really know what I need for my purpose. The prices I saw listed at the sites for a personal page are w/in my limited pocketbook unless a personal page at one site wouldn't serve my purpose.

Sorry for the long spiel. I would appreciate any tips, info, outright recommendation of a site.

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

If you buy your domain from Web Daddy you can use any host you want and just change the name servers. (Much easier to do than it sounds) WIX and Weebly you can't move you domain to another server if you don't like them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users