Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sim Card reader software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

I have recently installed multi-memory card units into 2 of my pc's, including a sim card reader slot.

It seems the software (Realtek's) that came with the unit is tricky to use.

When I insert a sim card and bring up the sim card software, the data from the card is read into one column with a second column to be used for copying the contacts etc into the pc.

I cannot find a successful way of copying my contacts to pc. I contacted Realtek and they showed me a screen shot with a box at the bottom of the screen 'Select All', which is missing from my software. I have tried resizing the screen in case it was hidden below but not successful. In fact, one pc doesn't show the destination file info., at all.

Bottom of the screen shows the destination file where the data is stored but couldn't find the storage file.

I managed once to tick every box in the first column and click on 'Send to pc' but again, not successfully.

Am I missing out on something or alternatively is there better software that I could use with my TQR -202B usb multi-function card reader?

I attach screenshots of the Realtek software. Screenshot 1 shows no destination file on one of my pc's but does so on the other pc, again with no sign of 'Select All'.

Appreciate any help suggestions.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,655 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

This is the sim card your telecom company provides for accessing the network or is this the SD micro card used for storage? If this is a SD card does the computer give it a drive letter in Computer when attached to the card reader?

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

I did not think readers needed dedicated software, reason I borrowed one make unknown.  I used it to read a couple of camera cards, it was plug and play.  I would try removing the software to give it a try without, the system may read it just fine and assign a drive letter.  If so it will open like any other media that you plug in.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

Hi, thanks for the replies regarding my sim problem. 

I tried using the reader without the software supplied - does not read the sim.

Picture cards etc will work without the software.

Actually, my phone is an old Nokia 2690 which does have it's own software and stores contacts to my pc - no problem.

My wife has a 'Smarty' phone and it is for this that I wanted the sim card reader.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,655 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

This is the only software I found for a Sim card manager that looked like something you have. I have no experience with it and it does cost. Is your problem selecting all contacts at once and copying or can you copy one at a time without a problem.

https://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/

For selecting all contacts does highlighting the first entry then holding the shift button while selecting the last entry highlight them all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users