Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot get sound through HDMI cable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monika812

Monika812

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

recently I have come across a problem when wanting to run a video from my computer on my telly via HDMI cable. The picture is fine but no sound. Other computers and devices work just fine. Is it something that can be fixed?

Thanks for your help,

Mon x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

If you go into your Devices and Sound Configuration, can you set the HDMI as the default device?

If you WinKey + R, type 'mmsys.cpl' and hit enter, it should open up a window with the tab opened to "Playback". Is your HDMI output enabled with a green check mark? If not, right-click on the HDMI output and select 'Set as default device'. I've had this issue before where my sound just wasn't changing, but the picture did.

#3 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hi,

thank you so much. It has helped to change the settings to default. Thank you so much.

Mon x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users