Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer lags

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adams369

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:07 AM

My daughter got a new computer for christmas 

Learn more about the Lenovo 320 (80XW004MUS)
Model Brand Lenovo Series IdeaPad Model 320 (80XW004MUS) Part Number 80XW004MUS Quick Info Color Platinum Gray Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-Bit CPU AMD A9-9420 2.90 GHz Screen 17.3" HD+ Memory 8 GB DDR4 Storage 1 TB Optical Drive DVD±R/RW Graphics Card AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Video Memory Shared memory Communication LAN and WLAN Dimensions (W x D x H) 16.46" x 11.52" x 0.98" Weight 6.16 lbs. CPU CPU Type AMD A9-Series CPU Speed A9-9420 (3.0 GHz) Turbo Frequency Up to 3.60 GHz Number of Cores Dual-core Processor Display Screen Size 17.3" Touchscreen No Wide Screen Support Yes Resolution 1600 x 900 LCD Features LCD with LED Backlight Operating System Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Graphics GPU/VPU AMD Radeon R5 Series Video Memory Shared system memory Graphic Type Integrated Card Storage SSD No HDD 1 TB HDD RPM 5400 RPM Memory Memory 8 GB Memory Speed DDR4 2133 Optical Drive Optical Drive Type DVD±R/RW Communications LAN 10/100Mbps WLAN 802.11ac Wireless LAN Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1 Ports USB 1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0 Type-A
1 x USB 3.0 Type-C HDMI 1 x HDMI Audio Ports 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack Audio Audio Dolby Audio Speaker 2 x Speakers (1.5W) Input Device Webcam Yes Card Reader 4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC) General Style Standard Type Mainstream Usage Consumer Power AC Adapter 45-watt AC adapter Battery 2-cell 30 WHr Lithium Polymer Battery Life Up to 4.5 Hour(s) Dimensions & Weight Dimensions (W x D x H) 16.46" x 11.52" x 0.98" Weight 6.16 lbs.

these are the specs. She says it cant play games like league of legends or town of salem slow and laggy I know that should not be the case. What could be causing this issue any suggestions. I will try to static Ip the computer to a 5 ghz network hoping that will help and then go from there but I myself when setting it up noticed a slowness in it as well. should I call lenovo maybe get a refund. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

laptop's & gaming are not a good mix,  most laptop you buy are designed to handle homework or business.  gaming is a whole different area and unless you purchase a gaming laptop your not going to get the performance you need.   if your daughter is interested in gaming then I would suggest building a gaming machine with more flexability.

#3 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,173 posts
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Below are the recommended system requirements to run League of Legends:

3 GHz single core processor.
2 GB of RAM (4 GB for Windows Vista or newer)
12 GB available hard disk space.
Graphics card with 512MB or higher VRAM and supports DirectX 9.0c.

The Ideapad meets or exceeds these specifications although the  AMD A9-9420 is rated at 2.90 GHz which is borderline.  This computer was not intended to play games like L of L with these system specifications.  The game will play, but the performance will not be what you would hope for with this game.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users