Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot uninstall a program

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Monika812

Monika812

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to uninstall a program, saved in Program files, unfortunately, will not allow me to do it via the control panel, the message I get is that it cannot find the correct file for uninstalling. have tried to uninstall through the registry, but cannot find the program listed in there. 

don't know what to do, will not let me re-install, wants me to uninstall first, but that I cannot do.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mon x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

G'day Mon, and Welcome to BC

What is name of the program ?

Where did you originally download it from ?

Which OS are you running ?...win 7, win 10 etc

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:24 AM

Hi,

thanks.

I am runnig the Win 10 and the program is for banking called Profibanka, dowloaded directly from the bank people. Have been trouble runnin it they suggeted to reinstall it but it will not let me :(

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

That is a complicated program !

Give ccleaner's removal function a try.

This will find the ccleaner program for you : It will not hurt to use it to clean up the PC........do not use the registry cleaning tool

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

It also has a removal function....the instructions for using that are below :

To uninstall, delete, or rename a program:

In CCleaner, click the Tools icon at left.
    In the Uninstall screen, select the name of the program you want to uninstall from the Programs to Remove list.

Do one of the following:

Click Run Uninstaller to run the program's uninstaller.

Click Rename Entry to give the program a new name in this list only.
    Click Delete Entry to remove the program's uninstall entry, without uninstalling it. (This is recommended for advanced users only, for when a program has been removed but the uninstall entry remains.)

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:58 AM

Ok, going ahead with this, will let you know the result.

Thank you so much.

Mon x

#6 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

That is a complicated program !

Give ccleaner's removal function a try.

This will find the ccleaner program for you : It will not hurt to use it to clean up the PC........do not use the registry cleaning tool

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

It also has a removal function....the instructions for using that are below :

To uninstall, delete, or rename a program:

In CCleaner, click the Tools icon at left.
    In the Uninstall screen, select the name of the program you want to uninstall from the Programs to Remove list.

Do one of the following:

Click Run Uninstaller to run the program's uninstaller.

Click Rename Entry to give the program a new name in this list only.
    Click Delete Entry to remove the program's uninstall entry, without uninstalling it. (This is recommended for advanced users only, for when a program has been removed but the uninstall entry remains.)

Ok,

i have run the cleaning program and then tried to uninstall the program, but got the same memo as I did in control panel. Enclosing the screenshot.

Attached Files

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,859 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:13 AM

You may have some corrupt windows system files....

SleepyDude is also watching this topic.....he may have good input on that

#8 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

Try this:

- Press windows8_key.png + R
- on the run window Copy & Paste the command:

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE}\Setup.exe" -l0x5

Note: Its all in one big line of text.

Let me know if the installer start or any error you get.

Edited by SleepyDude, 17 January 2018 - 06:15 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#9 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

Hi,

Try this:

- Press windows8_key.png + R
- on the run window Copy & Paste the command:

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE}\Setup.exe" -l0x5

Note: Its all in one big line of text.

Let me know if the installer start or any error you get.

Hi,

done that and got this error message in the attachment.

Attached Files

#10 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

Try Revo Uninstaller, the pro version (of which you get a free trial) can force uninstall programs.
https://www.revouninstaller.com/
And currently if you wish to purchase there’s 30% off + free software.

Edited by Goddess_Bastet, 17 January 2018 - 06:38 AM.

#11 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

Hi,
done that and got this error message in the attachment.

Thanks we need to adjust the instructions exactly for your case.

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
  • List Installed Programs
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#12 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

Ok, did that, here it is.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   15.45KB   2 downloads

#13 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

- Download UninstallView x64

- extract the zip file to some folder and execute UninstallView.exe

- on the list locate the program that you want to remove

- right click the entry and select Copy Selected Items

- paste the result into your post

___
Rui

#14 Monika812

Monika812
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

- Download UninstallView x64

- extract the zip file to some folder and execute UninstallView.exe

- on the list locate the program that you want to remove

- right click the entry and select Copy Selected Items

- paste the result into your post

Ok, here it is:

Display Name    Registry Name    Display Version    Registry Time    Install Date    Installed For    Install Location    Publisher    Uninstall String    Change Install String    Quiet Uninstall String    Comments    About URL    Update Info URL    Help Link    Install Source    Installer Name    Release Type    Display Icon Path    MSI Filename    Estimated Size    Attributes    Language    Parent Key Name    Registry Key    
Profibanka    {08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE}    1.23.285    17.01.2018 11:54:11        All Users (32-Bit)    RunDll32 C:\Program Files (x86)\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE}    Komerční banka, a.s.    RunDll32 C:\Program Files (x86)\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE}\Setup.exe" -l0x5         msiexec.exe /x {08D768F1-EEE8-4E0E-91B4-9063A2705AEE} /qn        

#15 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

You might try re-installing the program (on top of itself), that may fix any uninstall errors, then try using the uninstaller in programs and features in your control panel to uninstall it properly, if that does not work try using Revo again

Edited by Joe C, 17 January 2018 - 08:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users