Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Adapter Is Dead

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cyansmile

Cyansmile

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

i bought a refurbished windows 7 pro hp online.

the wireless adapter has never worked. i upgraded to 10, then went back to 7 to try and fix it...

there is an x that says "not connected - no connections avalible"

when i troubleshoot it says to plug in a chord... it works fine with a chord, i need wireless.

it says "the adapter not connected"

... i have deleted and reinstalled the drivers, enabled them, turned off the power saving, went into services, set everything internet related to automatic and connected, booted with default setting from bio, tried turning off firewall, airplane mode is not on, its a desktop theres no wifi off or on button, reinstalled windows numerous times... did the whole ip flush or what have you. i did the scan thing too which said found nothing.. i tried turning on network discovery.

when i go to configure an access point nothing comes up, no wifi comes up... lol.

on basic wifi info there is a red x between my pc and internet.

it looks like it should work but it doesnt...? any adivce would be great, thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

When you visited the HP Support site and entered the serial number of the afflicted unit were you able to download/install the appropriate wireless drivers?

If you just can't get it working and for systems that do not have built in wireless you can purchase from many online or retail source a USB wireless adapter for about $10US and up:

Most of the time you just plug them in and you're all set.

e.g.  Walmart

[attachment=201477:Untitled.jpg]

[attachment=201478:Untitled.jpg]

Edited by joseibarra, 17 January 2018 - 02:17 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users