- I can connect to the VPN on the LAN.
- I have set up port forwarding on my Arris modem/router (spectrum) for 1723 for the local IP of the server, which I have made static.
- I did check "connections through internet" when setting up the VPN.
- The firewall on the router is turned off
- PPTP Passthrough is enabled.
- Windows firewall is turned off (while trying to get the connection going anyways)
- No anti virus services are running
- I have a DDNS setup through No-IP. I can ping the address I have set up over the internet.
- I can remote desktop to the server.
- I have restarted the server and client, and stopped and restarted the Routing and Remote Access Service.
Also, If i try and just map a network drive to the DDNS address, I get "File and Print Sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. So I think the DDNS is working. I can see shared files on the LAN tho.
Still no dice... Obviously it's something with the modem or some settings I have missed, but I'm no networking expert, and at this point I'm out of ideas... Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!
Also, I should add the reason this is being set up is to run a program that must have access to the installed program and shared files on the server. The program is set up and working when connecting on the LAN, but I am trying to setup a vpn (if that is what I need to do) to be able to work remotely.
Edited by nkchri2, 17 January 2018 - 12:17 AM.