Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble with photo imports

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

When down loading photos from my camera to Picasa then when I wish to export them to Pictures instead the go to to C drive. Why this has lately begun happening I have no idea nor can I figure it out.Thanks for any help with this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Picassa has been abandoned by Google so my question is , "what happens when you use the import wizard built in to Windows?"

And, are you plugging the camera in USB or its memory card?

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

To find the wizard.....

Click on Windows 7 Orb and type Windows Live Photo Gallery. After opening the program, click on Import (it's at the most left side of the ribbon) to open the wizard.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hi Beel! 

There’s nothing worse than one of our favorites being retired! I personally do not feel that the Picasa export picture trouble you’re having has any connection to Picasa being retired.

A review in addition to the direction from @DavisMcCam and @Condobloke:

*When I read your post, it seems that you are able to import your pictures from your camera to Picasa, correct?

*In Picasa, you have pictures in a specific album that you want to export to your Windows 7 Pictures Library, correct? 

*Have you created a new folder in the pictures library?

*When you select the Picasa (album) to export, you click on File/Export, does the (Export to Folder) window open up? If yes,

*Are finding that the “Export Location” is correct? You might have to use the browse feature to get to the Pictures library/your new album folder.

picasa.jpg

(Note: I do not have Picasa on my desktop so I am not able to replicate what you see)

Tidbits about Google Picasa Retirement:

From Google Pisca Blog:  (http://googlephotos.blogspot.com/)

<-snip-> Desktop application
As of March 15, 2016, we will no longer be supporting the Picasa desktop application. For those who have already downloaded this—or choose to do so before this date—it will continue to work as it does today, but we will not be developing it further, and there will be no future updates. If you choose to switch to Google Photos, you can continue to upload photos and videos using the desktop uploader at photos.google.com/apps

From the Picasa Community Team pinned post: (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/picasa/xaqR_Qcgkrw)

In both web links you find a lot of information as to “what to do” moving forward with Google Photos.

Self edit for spelling

Edited by softeyes, 16 January 2018 - 10:16 PM.

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

A big thank you to the three of you for your interest & help here. Got it sorted, tried both Lisa's and Condo's method and both seem to work okay. And Davis yes I connect the camera to the laptop via the USB cable. Again many thanks much appreciated. I really don't know what I would do without people like you... :thumbup2:

Edited by Beel, 17 January 2018 - 12:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users