Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer & windows 10 constant freeze and constant blue loading circle.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Navenotap

Navenotap

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Hi there. Ive been having this problem on and off for a couple months. Lately its been all the time. I will be trying to do something, okay world of warcraft or whatever and my PC will just freeze and sit on the desktop with the circle loading cursor and will not allow me to click or access anything. Anybody know what this could be and how I could go about fixing it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Since you can't boot into Windows you will need to try to make a repair using installation media.  You can use the media to do a Refresh which will basically reinstall the operating system.  You will have the option to save your personal data, but any third party programs you have installed will be uninstalled during this process.

There are instructions for downloading a ISO file which can be used to create the installation media.  You will need to boot into the BIOS to change the boot order so that the type of media being used (disc or flash drive) is set as the first device and the ssd/hdd is the second device.  The disc option usually will be DVD-ROM, the flash drive will use a USB option.

How to perform a Windows 10 Refresh from Installation Media

A Refresh will basically reinstall Windows 10.  This will not effect your personal files, but it will uninstall any third party programs you installed.  You will be offered a list of the programs which will be uninstalled, you can use this list as a reference to these programs.

To do a Refresh on a computer which can not boot you will need Windosw 10 Installation Media.

If you don't have installation media you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create installation media for either a disc or flash drive.  Follow the instruction for the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

In order to use either form of installation media you need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the type of media (disc or USB flash drive) is the first device in the boot order, and the ssd/hdd the second device.

If you are using a disc place it in the tray of your optical drive, close the door and restart the computer.  When the computer recognizes the disc it will instruct you to press any button to boot from the disc.

If you are using a USB flash drive place it in a USB port and restart the computer.  You will receive the message to press any key to boot from the device.

There is a very good tutorial available, you will find it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users