Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what should i upgrade !?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 poiu2010

poiu2010

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Hello there :)

PICs : https://imgur.com/a/5ksFB

i got the Dell Precision T7500 3 years ago and i got some upgrades on it as u see in the Pics..
Now i got a problem in my ram usage , as mentioned in the Pics the Ram is totally lost on Chrome and it's new problem as i was opening the same amount of chrome tabs :)
but now the whole rams are being used, idk is it from the Rams as they are getting old and used or from something else :D

but anyway now , i got 2 options " Don't tell me not to use chrome biggrin.png "  :
1- should i upgrade my Rams with higher ones and dumb the old ones !
2- upgrade " CPU - M.Board - Rams " to a new one of this time biggrin.png !

i am using the PC for rendering mainly Then for gaming , so CPU is very Imp for me :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 poiu2010

poiu2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dSvAAnuAHMEOQPQjE4jvYcv

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#4 poiu2010

poiu2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

it appears as the links didn't appear !

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

16GB should be enough for Chrome unless you have like hundreds of tabs. I doubt you can "fix" that problem with more RAM as it may well be memory leak.

#6 poiu2010

poiu2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dSvAAnuAHMEOQPQjE4jvYcv

Here it's ..

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

If you want better CPU, you need to change motherboard. I also consider 16GB memory enough.

If you want to upgrade, you probably need to change almost everything except HDD's and video card.

#8 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

I would assume that the issue you are seeing is due to an incompatible extension that is causing issues for you. Can you take a screenshot of what your Chrome Task Manager is showing? Here is a link to show you how to open the task manager.

Chrome shouldn't be using that much RAM - with all of my extensions loaded and about 15 tabs open, it's only using about 1GB total RAM. If you're like me and have a habit of keeping lots of tabs open at once, I would suggest looking into The Great Suspender, which is a Chrome extension that is designed to suspend tabs that you haven't used in awhile. This helps by saving RAM that would otherwise be used by Chrome to keep the tab alive.

#9 poiu2010

poiu2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

here it's :

https://imgur.com/a/r8wes

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2018 - 03:36 PM.

#10 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for that image! :)

What version of Chrome are you running? You can find your version of chrome by opening a new tab and typing chrome://settings/help. The latest version as of this post is 63.0.3239.132.

I would try updating it to see if that takes care of your problem. One big thing I can see: You have multiple instances of Gmail and Facebook running. These are going to be memory hogs, since Gmail is pretty much an entire application hosted in your browser. The same for Facebook - all of the images, videos, etc on the page are going to make Chrome hog up a lot of RAM. Just compare your open Facebook tab vs. a Facebook tab suspended by The Great Suspender: 284MB vs. about 28MB for 2 suspended tabs (one being Facebook).

Each Gmail instance takes up anywhere from 250 - 400 MB of RAM each - since you have three of those running, all close to 350MB each, that's 1050MB, or 1.05GB of RAM just there.

You do have a few extensions that could be conflicting with one another - such as the popup blocker (Poper Blocker) and Ad Block. I would suggest removing the popup blocker extension (Chrome has a popup blocker built-in) as well as replacing Adblock for a different content blocker. I much prefer uBlock Origin, where it appears to have a smaller memory footprint versus Ad Block.

Everything else seems to be normal from the task manager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users