Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Web Browsers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DiVincenzo_4_Life

DiVincenzo_4_Life

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

Hello, I'm having a problem with my web browsers. I try to open up Internet Explorer and Firefox. When I go to open them, I get eitehr an error message saytng they can't open the page almost immediately after double-clicking teh icons, or I just get a blank page and it says "DONE" in the lower left-hand corner. So being experienced with computers, I kind of feel like the answer is right in front of me and I'm just not getting it. I'll inform you as to what I have done so far and some points to be made:

(Moderator edit: log post moved to HJT forum to team review and member help. jgweed)

1.) I have Kaspersky Anti-virus running.

2.) I had to use the SmitFraud fix to get rid of a trojan.

3.) I doubled clicked on Local Area Conncetion and I am receiving and sending out packets.

4.) In command prompt I try pining websites and I am getting replies.

5.) When doing "ipconfig" I do get an IP address starting with 192 along with a subnet address and a default gateway.

6. I noticed this problem occuring after I wiped out the trojan using the SmitFraud fix.

7.) I am able to run instant messenger prograns like my AIM Pro.

8.) I have tried reinstalling Firefox and it dind't help.

9.) Here is my HiJackThis log which I see nothing unusual about:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:27:40 PM, on 9/28/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\System Mechanic Professional 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Hacker\KAVPF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpHost.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\AIM Pro\aimpro.exe
L:\Program Files\Apollo DVD to iPod\ApolloDVDtoiPod.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Mr. Positivity\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kav.exe" /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SMSystemAnalyzer] "C:\Program Files\System Mechanic Professional 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Kaspersky Anti-Hacker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Hacker\KAVPF.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save to &Xdrive - res://C:\Program Files\Xdrive\Xdrive Desktop\xdrive.exe/std.html
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: ADInsightSvc - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ADInsightSvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kavsvc.exe

I'm stumped, so any help would be great! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Edited by jgweed, 28 September 2006 - 11:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:

Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users