Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installshield Opens when I open Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stephenfromnyc

stephenfromnyc

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

I have an ASUS laptop running windows 10 pro and installshield seems to be open all the time. It opens when I open Chrome, then stays open until I restart.

If anyone has an idea on what to do, that would be great. 

Thanks

Stephen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,620 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Hi stephenfromnyc!

From BleepingComputer: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/ISUSPM.exe-2344.html)

From Microsoft: InstallShield is a component to help keep your computer up to date. The update service component is simply software that monitors when program updates are available, notifies you when they are available, and then downloads and installs the update. To disable Installshield starting automatically at startup, do the following:

To disable InstallShield at Windows startup, launch Task Manager and click the "Startup" tab. Scroll down the list of startup programs and click on "InstallShield." Click the "Disable" button to prevent the utility from launching again the next time you restart or power on your computer.

Please let us know if you continue to experience the same action when opening Chrome. If so, additional steps will need to be taken to rule out anything else triggering the InstallShield notification.

#3 stephenfromnyc

stephenfromnyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Hi, 

Unfortunately Installshield is not listed as a startup item, but does not run until I open chrome. Any idea what's taking place. I am aware that it is not a virus, or malware, it just slows everything down. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users