Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying Registry Files For Windows 2000 Professional

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dreidrag790

dreidrag790

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer

I registered for the forum last year to get some help on some dogged issues that weren't getting much traction with other online communities. I seem to still have that issue here, as well.

I posted a topic on the longest-running issue of a computer which has had a "Blue Screen Of Death" error for nearly eight years, which you can find via this link here. The Bleeping Computer link has another hyperlink which leads to the original topic, in which all the progress had been made until abruptly stalling sometime last year. Unfortunately, I've not seen much activity with the subject on either forum, but this forum is relatively new to my particular issue, so I thought I should re-examine the original topic to see if there was anything I may have overlooked.

Here's the overview: I've reached a certain point via a reply on the external forum (which you could visit by going to the thread linked above), but have been unable to progress any further due to an inability to duplicate a registry file which is affected by the error. I've included a photograph of the pop-up which appears whenever a copy of the file is attempted, which you can view by clicking the following link below:

https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=225d99fa-0a8f-4793-b6b4-b8eef1a7232a

I am hoping that someone here will be able to explain how such a duplication can be performed without triggering the error pop-up. Again, you may visit the Bleeping Computer mirror of the topic, which can take you to the topic itself to see what I am hoping to do, and how far the process has gotten.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!

- dreidrag790

:alien:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dreidrag790

dreidrag790
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

I'm not sure how many of you guys out there are still using a version of Windows 2000 (I presume there's a few, considering how many positive reviews for its performance I've been finding from users online, including here on Bleeping Computer), but if there's anyone out there who is at least strongly familiar with this operating system that might be able to help with my issue, then don't be afraid to look at the content of the original message for this topic and offer your response soon.

Thank you :-)

- dreidrag790

:alien:

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Sorry your topic has gone unanswered for so long. The issue I am facing and allot of others may be facing the same issue is the age of the operating system in question. Due to the security vulnerabilities and the extremely limited hardware this OS could run on there are very few if any systems that still run this OS. Unfortunately I have no systems that this is installed on and I have little to no knowledge of the operating system. I am sorry I can't be more help.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users