Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My sound keeps cutting out and it does the same with my headphones.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 justgreat

justgreat

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:05 AM

Hello, My computer's sound started suddenly to cut every 1-2 seconds...I was on youtube, so I thought at the beginning that it's from my internet connection or the browser, I changed the browser and restarted the internet it does the same. I tried many sounds that I have on my hard drive it does the same, here I understood that it's not a streaming problem.
I said maybe it's temporary so I restarted the PC and noticed that even when I restart the PC or shutdown I have the same issu, I mean even the windows sound also cuts (you know the beep that windows does and that you hear when you restart/shutdown etc..).....so it's a general sound problem not related to an application, or streaming.
I tried to uninstall the sound drivers like suggested on some forums, I restarted the PC, windows reinstalled by itself the sound driver (high definition audio) and the problem remain the same. I tried to plug a headphone same problem remain.
I tried mp3, wma etc..same issu its not related to the file extension.
when you listen to a music, it keeps cutting it give an effect like if you have a frog each second ... to help you understand more how it cuts, here is an example attached to what I hear when listening to music.

I spent my day on it yesterday couldn't find a working solution so If any of you can help me I will be much thankfull.
I shutdown the PC for many hours saying maybe it's hot and it needs a rest, but the problem remain since 2 days.

If it may be interesting : I am using a Dell Latitude D530 and I have Windows 7 32 bit on it. 
I have no hardware change on the computer, and I don't remember installing something new recently except what was suggested by windows update. 

anyway thanks in advance at least for trying to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

The Dell latitude D530 was first released in November of 2007.  If this is one of these it would make this computer eleven years old.  A computer this old is going to start experiencing problems with component failures.  A good example are the electrolytic capacitors used in the power regulator circuit and power adapter. The breakdown of electrolyte results in a loss of Wattage.  I'm not suggesting that your specific problem is related to these caps, but you need to be aware that this computer has gotten old.

What you could try would be to download a new audio driver from Support for Latitude D530 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US, the SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.5511, A10 is the driver you want.

Download this to your desktop so you can find it easily, open Device Manager, click on Audio Inputs and Outputs.

When this opens double click on your audio.

Click on the Driver tab, click on Up date driver.  You will receive two options, you will see these in the image below.

Attached File  audio options.PNG   13.82KB   0 downloads

Click on the second option. 

A page will open with the message Search for drivers in this location, click on browse and select Desktop as your location.  Click on Next and continue following the instruction to complete the installation.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 justgreat

justgreat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

thanks dc3, for trying to help.

As for the drivers, I went to dell's support page yesterday, and found only 2 drivers for D530 's sound.

Knowles Acoustics IntelliSonic Speech Enhancement, v.2.1.37, A04

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.5511, A10

I downloaded both and couldn't install the SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.5511, A10, it was giving me that it's not compatible (I think it's designed for Win XP) and I have Win 7 (I have win 7 on my D530 since 6 years).

so i looked on the net and downloaded a sgimatel stac driver for Win 7.i could install it but after trying nothing changed about my problem, so i uninstall it and i restarted windows which reinstalled automatically the old driver on restart.

By the way, when I installed the driver of sigmatel I didnt follow your instructions (I did already yesterday before reading you), what I did was just double click on it and next next next ..but all went fine even if my problem wasn't solve. Do you think if I change the way of installing it will change anything ? 

Did you hear the voice example that I provided to see what I am facing as a problem ?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

If this isn't a driver problem then it is the audio chip being used on the motherboard.  If this is failing you are probably not going to find this chip to replace the bad one and would need to purchase a new motherboard to replace the old one with.

Unless your audio recording has someone speaking in tongues  wouldn't really be interested in hearing the recordings.  Your description was enough for me.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 justgreat

justgreat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

so you think that most probably it's a hardware problem right ?

the chip = the sound card which explain why even if I use headphones I have same issu, so it's not the speaker itself.

did I got it well ?

Finally does it makes sens to resintall the driver with the method you showed or it's enough the way I did (double click and nexting) ?

as for my audio, it's just to show how it cuts each seconds.

thanks again.

#6 JAMES30HGC

JAMES30HGC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:05 AM

go into recording devices, right click your headset, goto properties and change the quality to 1channel FM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users