Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My First Day On The Forum - Tlarbb

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TLARbb

TLARbb

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Hello,

I don't suppose many people wind up as members of this forum unless they are 1) helping others fix problems or 2) having a problem.

I am in the second group.

I have read through several topics and I am impressed with the help users get here so I have joined the group to work through my issues. Hopefully, I can get them resolved soon.

I am impressed that the moderators and helpers here are so helpful and tenacious, something that I have not generally seen. It is tiring when the best thing the local gurus come up with is "you need to format your hd and reinstall windows". I can tell you that everytime I have done that, it takes weeks to get back close to where you were before you started. So here I am.

I am an "old guy" and a mechanical engineer by training and Maintenance Manager by profession. I live in north central Louisiana in a relatively rural area (I have to get my internet by dial up or satellite).

I am looking forward to working with you folks in the next few days. I am pretty sure by reading the topics that others with my issue have been helped here and I am optimistic. And grateful that folks will spend the time to help me with MY computer.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I am currently working on the startup portion of getting ready to run HJT.

EJ
Athens, LA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hi TLARbb, Welcome
Follow those HJT instructions and you will be helped. Remember once you post it don't change or try to fix anything on your PC. The Advisor will guide you thru and you may change your Pc from the info you've sent.
Hey there's another group too. Some folks just wnat to chat or discuss issues in the General Topics Section, that's cool too............
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

Since this is a user community, about the last thing anyone who had ever done so would advise, is to reformat and reinstall; it's an "easy fix" true enough, but in most cases not needed and the effort extends to re-assemble the computer with all the applications and files that are relied upon for daily use is never considered important by the person suggesting the fix.

Remember also, that in addition to providing ad hoc help with specific problems, BC provides a wealth of information to improve computer skills and security.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users