Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Last versions of software for Windows Vista/Server 2008: A List

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 2008WindowsVista

2008WindowsVista

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Hello there. I thought I should share a list that I've made over on the MSFN forum called "Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008." 

Link: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175262-last-versions-of-software-for-windows-vista-and-windows-server-2008/

As the title implies, this is a comprehensive list of final versions of software to support Windows Vista/Server 2008. Also included is an "Ongoing support section" which as you can probably guess, lists software that continues to support/be updated on Windows Vista. The software listed is sorted into different categories (i.e. Web Browsers, Antivirus, etc.) for your convenience.

The list started out pretty small when I first posted it back in March of 2016, but it has since grown tremendously - mostly thanks to the close-knit Windows Vista community over at MSFN.org. By sharing it here, I hope to help out any Vista users still out there that might be having trouble finding out the last compatible version(s) of their favorite program(s), or perhaps they want to know what software still supports Vista. 

All software listed has been tested by myself, as well as other Vista-using members over at MSFN to ensure their compatibility with Windows Vista before they were added to the list. For anything that requires additional updates be installed on Vista in order to run (such as Service Pack 2 or Platform Update), this is specified next to the software entry itself. Absolutely no pirated or warez software is listed as, like here at BC, this is strongly prohibited over at MSFN. 

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope that the Vista community here will find some use in this list!  :)

Edited by 2008WindowsVista, 15 January 2018 - 01:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users