Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I got pix and videos transferred to my linux But video quality is terrible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

I am very new to linux. I installed mint cinnamon a few monthsbbago butnhavemt spent more than a couple of hours on it.

I transferred my photos and videos onto WitStick.
It's a type of external storage for phones them you connect to your computer via the sub and start transferring.

Well untried it and had no problem.
Everything transferred pretty quick with 0 issues.

But watching videos is terrible.
The video will load but as it plays it literally stops then skips 15 secs etc.....

I'm using the VLC player from linux mint.
Should I try another player.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Sorry you are having problems.  I don't have any answers right now but it will help if you post your Specs using the instructions below:

1. Open Terminal, Ctrl+alt+t will bring up Terminal, if it don't just Click on Menu and you will see the Terminal under “System” in Mint. Or in Ubuntu's, Open Launcher and Type Terminal.

2. For Linux Mint, Copy Paste this Command into Terminal and Hit Enter.

inxi -Fxz

3. For Ubuntu's use

sudo lshw -short

4. Then Click “Edit” in upper Left of Terminal > Click “Select All” > Click “Edit” > Click “Copy” > Then in your Post, Click the "Code" Box at Top Middle of your Post, which looks like this “< >” and “Ctrl+V” Pasting into the Code Box, or, just into the Body your next Post will be fine also.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,791 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Perhaps its an issue with formatting, not with linux.

What file formats are these?

You didnt directly connect your device to linux is it a old phone or modern smartphone like a android?

Edited by MadmanRB, 14 January 2018 - 09:26 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Try this

Open Terminal (ctrl-alt-T)

copy and paste each line individually.....after typing i the first line you will be prompted for your password....when you type it in there will be sign of it/nothing will show....just type it in and then hit Enter.......wait for the screen to finish and then proceed to the next line.

Let us know if this has made a differen

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

OR

click on menu...select software manager.....type in ffmpeg in the search box ....and then install it.

Edited by Condobloke, 14 January 2018 - 09:44 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users