Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey Ya'll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Targeted2much1

Targeted2much1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hey ya'll! I am new to these forums. I am a writer and advocate. Basically I think too much and I have a big mouth that I am not afraid to use lol. I analyze everything and feel everything. But I am as real as it gets and honest...to a fault. I often feel like I don't fit in this world. I feel like I see a different reality than most lol. I must have missed the day they handed out scripts.

I am here due to a hacking experience I caught on to within my home network in 2015. The violation was severe and I haven't been the same since. I don't think the common person understands the depth of what this concept can be for someone. All of these accomodations with technology can be very conveinent. But they can also open you up to a lot of allocations for anyone with malicious intent. I made the foolish mistake of keeping my laptop accessible and connected to my home wifi 24/7. At the time I started catching on I didn't understand enough about what I was seeing to even be able to describe it to anyone that could help me. I just knew these things weren't suppose to be happening.

This all lead me to finally really read all of those little bitty printed terms and agreements. Not just until the option to agree becomes available but all the way to the end. I had never realized that I had already lost even the rights to my own voice!! Lol

To sum up my thoughts on customer service support I am willing to say that it all could just depend on the current mood of the person that answers your call. To most it's just a job to them. They will ask you how they can help you. You will think that they really wanna know so you will go into all of the details. Then you'll find out that you are only talking to the janitor! They are not in the right department to help you. But they'll certainly connect you to someone who is....then the waiting...and ...the music..

But I am thinking that if for some reason my phone would only dial my current ISP and someone broke into my home trying to kill me I'd be as good as dead. After I asked them to call 911 for me they'd say "I am sorry but that's not my department. But good luck with that! Btw please don't forget to finish the survey on my performance at the end of this call. Thanks!"

I finally realized that liability means more than life and someones intent means everything. So I am here to find people that love to contribute and that are interested in the security of it all. I feel like this is where the real knowledge is aquired and shared. I've really been educating myself about everything involved with networking and I've been keeping notes on everything thats happened since this all started. I need help. I wanna feel somewhat secure again. Plus I just can't get past it all without finally having some answers. I know I have them. I just need help understanding it all.

Edited by Targeted2much1, 14 January 2018 - 03:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Targeted2much1

Targeted2much1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Gosh I am so sorry that was so long! This prolly wasnt the place for all of that. I guess it just felt good to vent to people that might finally understand. Its been a nightmare for me. But I am sorry and I'll delete it if neccessary.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,915 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...

Linux users.

Best regards,
The BC Staff

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Targeted2much1

Targeted2much1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Thank you!

I don't want to break any rules. I've read most of the links but I am kinda overwhelmed with it all lol. I am a little intemidated here  because I have a lot of respect for what I've seen from bleeping computers so far. I've searched all over the internet and this place seems extremely helpful with people that really invest true effort. I really wanna find some answers about what all has happened with my network. I need to know how this was done to me or at least how to make sure it never happens again. I have notes and notes plus screen shots galore. My privacy was spread everywhere and theres so much to it all. Could I possibly start a thread for my questions and info? It involves all the operating systems and all different subjects involved. I don't know how to go about it.

Like right now someone is still accessing my network through a windows server somehow. Something is happening through my voip landline. My voicemail is being changed and my daughter was put on my block list somehow. I don't like that.

I've ran a scan through fing. The world wide web port 80 is my routers interface. I am not sure thats ok. It might be.

Edited by Targeted2much1, 14 January 2018 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users