Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption BSOD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BrutelyAwesome

BrutelyAwesome

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Hello, I have been trying for about a week now to fix the constant BSODs I have been getting with the error code with the most common error code of "Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption". A few details before the specs:

• Never had BSODs before I recently upgraded the hardware on my computer
  • Had installed Win10 before I had upgraded any hardware without any issues
  • The only piece of hardware I did not upgrade was my PSU unless you count not upgrading my HDD
  • BSOD usually happen when I try to install something large like a game; rarely will happen randomly, but mostly will happen when installing something

Specs:

• Intel i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz 
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
  • GTX 1060 6GB 192-bit GDDR5
  • ASUS Prime Z270-P
  • Thermaltake SP-750M Smart M Series 750W (like I said this is the oldest part, but unless I missed something should be adequate for now)
  • Win10, x64, Version 1709, Build 16299.192

I attached the Sysnative file as well, if I can give any more information just let me know, thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by BrutelyAwesome, 14 January 2018 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Sysnative not attached

I'd suggest also checking over in the General Security forums for your status with the Spectre/Meltdown updates.
They can cause problems with booting and/or BSOD's - but I'm not familiar with the details on them.
Here's a link to the General Security forums:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/45/general-security/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 BrutelyAwesome

BrutelyAwesome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Sure I will check out that forum. And sorry did not click attach after choosing file, the classic mistake. I edited the post and it should be there now. Thanks

#4 BrutelyAwesome

BrutelyAwesome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

I took a quick look through one of the files just to see if I could understand anything from a glance and I saw that some of the drivers dates were pretty funky. Ranges from the 1960s to 2040s. Do not know if that is the  usual or not.

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

I would start by removing the RAM blow out all the dust then reseat them. Then I'd go to the manufacturer's website and make sure all the drivers are up to date. If that didn't help I'd run Memtest on each stick for 7 or 8 passes.

#6 BrutelyAwesome

BrutelyAwesome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Last night I tried running everything with each stick manually because I did a clean install with a backup and still got BSOD. Found out that one of the ram sticks was faulty. Lesson learned to not trust the built in memory test.

#7 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

Yep, been there too.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

FYI - driver dates can't be relied upon.  They give us clues, but we need to be familiar with what's OK and what isn't in order to figure them out.

Version numbers are better, but they're more difficult to find and may differ from driver to driver within the same program.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users