Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Freezing and need to reset while booting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 epkentel

epkentel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:36 AM

My custom built PC was working fine until a few weeks ago everything suddenly went wrong. I'm having an issue of my computer completely freezing randomly. Video completely freezes but I can still hear audio for a while until it cuts out too. Ive noticed that it takes a while after first boot for this to start happening but after the first instance it continues to happen repeatedly approximately every 15-30mins. I have to reset the PC to fix it which leads me into my other issue which I am not sure is related. My PC mostly cant boot cold or after a reset, it must be reset while booting either once or twice in order to boot. It doesn't happen all the time (especially doesn't on cold boots) but most of the time. Also my monitor detects a signal while its trying to boot but its black.

Yesterday I replaced my GPU (Mainly to fix a bad fan problem) but the issue persists. Ive also ran a memory diagnostics test which detected nothing. Updated Drivers, Updated Bios and turned off power saving measures in the windows power plan yet it keeps happening.

Thanks so much!

Specs:

-Windows 10 Pro 64bit

-AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

-Asrock AB350m Pro4 Motherboard

-EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC Graphics Card

-G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) RAM

-SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III (Boot Drive)

-Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 2TB (Additional Storage Drive)

-CORSAIR VS Series VS500 PSU

Edited by epkentel, 14 January 2018 - 01:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users