Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time to think about an INTEL class action lawsuite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Will Intel get away with what is going on???  Some news indicates they knew about the issue awhile back and did not get the news out.  It would seem both the public and manufacturers both being affected would have a solid case!  All thoughts appreciated!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Dummy Me!!!

Just Goggled suites+Intel, major stuff already happening!

Attn Mod this can be deleted!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

And their corporate leaders knew and sold stock before the news was released.  

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

I hope that people doing this will remember that spectre/meltdown are not the only bad things intel has been involved in. The whole management engine business is potentially quite a lot more damaging than the two vulnerabilities could be, atleast the vulnerabilities only let memory be READ, the management engine can be used to WRITE AND READ memory and change more or less anything else on a computer. The scandal here needs to be used to punish intel, and other chip makers, for including non-deactivatable management engines in their products, something to warn them off pursuing secureboot any further would also be desirable.

Edited by rp88, 14 January 2018 - 02:32 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users