Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skimanner

Skimanner

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

I dont know if what I want seems to exist lol. I accidentally set my max memory in Macon fig boot to 0. Yeah thats bad lol. So I havent had boot up issues in a very long time but I know life used to be way better then it seems now. For example their seems to be no dang way to boot to command prompt anymore. Command prompt with safe mode is useless since it trys to load drivers and apparently loads maximum memory 0. I know in the past I would just make a bootable repair disk and boot right to command prompt. At that point I would be able to fix my issue.

So my issue is the broken computer is windows 7. The other 2 working computers in the house are laptops with windows 10. I have no DVD burner or even dvd drives. So usb is only option. I also have no install cds. I believe I have a windows 10 install cd that I never used that I cant find and I gave up since theres no dvd drive on the computers anyhow.

Everything I can find seems to require me to have Stuff I dont have or a lot of work. Is there no simple way to make my computer boot to a command prompt from a usb drive? I just need access to bcdedit so I can fix this stupid memory issue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skimanner

Skimanner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Update: so I decided to purchase windows 7 pro tommorow and put the iso on usb drive. Will that flash drive then allow me to boot from it to the command prompt? Because I don’t want it to go installing windows 7 when it runs lol. My crypto wallets are on this HD

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

Possibly setting the bios to default worth a try.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Skimanner

Skimanner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Possibly setting the bios to default worth a try.

Unfortunately bios won't help me change windows values. Only way to fix this is from dos with

Bcdedit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users