Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe > server execution failed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Greetings and Happy New Year,

OK here's the deal just updated to insider build 17074. Cannot open file explorer  keep getting the the same message explorer.exe server execution failed .So far this is the only problem any help is always appreciated thnx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

Greetings and Happy New Year,

OK here's the deal just updated to insider build 17074. Cannot open file explorer  keep getting the the same message explorer.exe server execution failed .So far this is the only problem any help is always appreciated thnx.

Greetings, as of today still cannot open file explorer, am now receiving this message shell{:5220 5fd8 5dfb 447d 801a dob92f2e83e1}  as always any help is appreciated

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

If this your first experience as a Windows Insider?

Edited by dc3, 14 January 2018 - 09:44 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

If this your first experience as a Windows Insider?

Greetings, no not the first, had other issues but this is the first I'm really  having an issue with everything ms advised didn't work. So if you have any suggestions I'm all eyes and ears.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

This problem could be a corrupt Admin. account.  Try creating a new account and see if this works.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 230 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

This problem could be a corrupt Admin. account.  Try creating a new account and see if this works.

First, thnx for the advise but I seemed to have solved my own problem??? I reverted back to an earlier version than I  redownloaded and installed the current version and all seems to be working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users