Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No display after clearing CMOS + Random System Freezing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VinentGames

VinentGames

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

Built it 2 weeks ago, and around a week ago my PC randomly freezes, forcing me to hard power off. Clearing the CMOS can sometimes give me a couple freeze-free hours, so I did it like usual. This time, I am getting no display after clearing it like usual. I asked the PCMR discord about the random freezing, and they said it's probably my motherboard.

Specs:Ryzen 3 1200, stock clock right now, I did try to OC it but it got to around 80C so I got scared and turned it off and cleared CMOS, and another time I bleeped up and put it @2.4V for 0-10 seconds.

GTX 1050 Ti OC edition, never overclocked it though after my bad CPU OC experience

2x4gb 3000Mhz RAM: Tried to put it in XMP but had some problems, so it's at stock

Mobo:Asrock AB350M Pro4 googled it, and apparently other people have had problems with this freezing. If there is any hardware I need to return, it's probably this.

PSU: CX 450 2017

Storage: WD 1TB 7200RPM, I have windows 10(without a key) on it

misc:case is spec-04 if it matters, also have TP LINK WDN 4800 if that makes a difference

I tried to swap the sticks, used 1 stick, swapped it, put 2 back in, same results

any help would be very much appreciated

;-;

Edit: The freezing happened after the 2.4V, and PCMR has now said it sounds the voltage fried it. Just came here to be sure. Any other way to go about this other than buying a new CPU?

Edit 2: Several other people have had the freezing problem with this mobo. Don't know how to update my BIOS when I can't boot it and am pretty sure that won't help, if I really should try it before doing anything else, please notify me. My current plan is to RMA the mobo and if it still doesn't work I'll buy another R3 1200.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

have you pulled the gtx 1050 and tried just using the onboard video, you did a cmos reset and probably turned the on board video back on.  i guess you wouldn't have to pull the gtx card, just plug a video cable in to the onboard video.

#3 VinentGames

VinentGames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

have you pulled the gtx 1050 and tried just using the onboard video, you did a cmos reset and probably turned the on board video back on.  i guess you wouldn't have to pull the gtx card, just plug a video cable in to the onboard video.

Ryzen doesn't have onboard video.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 873 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

sorry just going by the mobo you listed and the specs say it has:

Graphics • Integrated AMD Radeon TM R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

with onboard dsub, dvi-d, HDMI connectors.

#5 VinentGames

VinentGames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

sorry just going by the mobo you listed and the specs say it has:

Graphics • Integrated AMD Radeon TM R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

with onboard dsub, dvi-d, HDMI connectors.

Oh, does that mean it will work?

Right now it seems like dead cpu or mobo.

#6 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 873 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

to me when it say "integrated" it means it built on board and is there to use.    try it and see if you get video out through those connectors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users