Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HP pro 3500 Series MT-PC.. Question about drivers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Hey there, i have this pc for a while now..

my question is can i install Drivers, DVD-rom firmware, Bleuthooth Drivers, and other Drivers

on this pc that haves Windows 10 Home 64x, because HP Support Site details say Drivers or other things that you download from the HP Support Site, will only Work/Run when you have a supported OS installed (like the supported OS for all this drivers is: Windows 8 64x) but i have Windows 10 Home 64x will that work then when i install such drivers or firmware updates for the BIOS, other things because they highly recommend to only install these Drivers when you have an Supported OS installed (default OS: Windows 8 64x) :/ Hope somebody can help me out! i have already been explained by britechguy that an BIOS/EUFI Update doesn't matter wich OS you have, it will just run fine.. everything runs above the BIOS.. :s

and does this also work with other Pc's, when they have other OS, than the supported one.. or above it!

Cheers!

Edited by Doghen, 13 January 2018 - 10:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:08 AM

As a rule, drivers for W8 will work fine on W10. If your intent is to either upgrade to W10 or do a clean install of W10, I suggest you create an image of the W8 system. Then, in the unlikely event you run into trouble you can always return to your current state.

#3 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

As a rule, drivers for W8 will work fine on W10. If your intent is to either upgrade to W10 or do a clean install of W10, I suggest you create an image of the W8 system. Then, in the unlikely event you run into trouble you can always return to your current state.

I never runned/haved Windows 8, straight upgraded it to Windows 10.. :) and i just did an BIOS Update, and everything works fine like normal :D

so i can just install like: (Bleuthooth drivers, DVD Rom Firmware, Micro SD input Drivers.. like normal?) 

and when the current OS is Windows 7 for the Drivers, will it work then for Windows 10? (if the pc can runs, or is maked for Windows 10 but the original OS was 7 on it?..)

Cheers!

Edited by Doghen, 13 January 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

If the system supports W10 you should be fine. But as I said, if it were me I'd create an image first.

#5 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

If the system supports W10 you should be fine. But as I said, if it were me I'd create an image first.

The original operating system was Windows 8 with sticker on top of the case.. but i have placed Windows 10 on it, would it work for the Drivers then?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,625 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

If the computer is functioning correctly and you do not see any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager then there is no need to install drivers. Windows 10 will automatically push driver updates unless you disable that feature.

#7 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

If the computer is functioning correctly and you do not see any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager then there is no need to install drivers. Windows 10 will automatically push driver updates unless you disable that feature.

i just update my drivers of my HP pc if i need something, like Bleuthooth drivers, or other important drivers/updates like

BIOS/EUFI firmware's, or other important drivers :)

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

if you say so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users